A thorough maintenance check and regular servicing can help you maintain the outdoor areas without hindering your bank and time.
- Hose down your gardens weekly to keep the gardens blooming or install sprinklers set to a timer to save time
- Stain timber every 6 months to maintain that fresh look
- Clean your sandpit of debris – Top up your sandpit every 6 months and make sure they remove
- Use a blower to clear the sand and any loose leaves daily
- Gardening – Schedule in regular gardening for weeding, hedge cutting, tree trimming
- Pressure wash regularly – Schedule in quarterly pressure washes to focus on different parts of your building like your building, timber decks, furniture and shade sails – find out what you can pressure clean here
- Track what needs to be fixed with a log and an audit list – If you add a priority matrix you can determine what needs to be fixed immediately and what can be scheduled in through the year. Complete a weekly and Monthly check of your “fix it list” then schedule in the trades you need in advance. TIP: to get a better rate book your trades for more than one site visit, negotiate a year, two or three years to see whether you can get more value for money – get our free maintenance calendar here
- Top up bark every 6 months- it’s a pesky job when you have multiple elements like sand and bark and soil that tend to get tossed around the yard so make sure you schedule in a top-up at least twice a year. One small top-up will reduce the cost of a big one and ensure your property still looks great all year round.