Problems with commercial plumbing pipes can be a disastrous nightmare for any business in Australia. Why? Because no employees or customers want to deal with silent leaks, low water pressure sewage blocks and other plumbing issues. If not immediately fixed by commercial plumbing services, it can result in the temporary closure of your business and end up costing you time and money you don’t want to waste.
As a business owner, it is best to learn about the different types of pipes to understand what your commercial plumber is talking about entirely. Note that some residential plumbers pretend to know about more extensive plumbing systems in buildings, which may result in more problems if you proceed with hiring them for the job.
Different Types of Plumbing Pipes
- ABS Pipes – The Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene pipes are typically black, have extensive durability and are more shock-resistant than PVC pipes. Since they’re easy to install, they’re suited for carrying water at cold temperatures.
- PEX Pipe – This is also called a cross-linked polyethylene plastic pipe. It’s strong, lightweight and flexible to the point that it can be twisted, bent or crushed. PEX pipes are also malleable enough to return to their original shape and structure. These pipes are usually colour-coded depending on their application.
- Galvanised Steel Pipe – To ensure its corrosive resistance on the outside, it is coated with a protective layer of zinc. It is ideal for high pressure but not for drinking water because it still corrodes inside.
- Ductile Iron Pipes – These pipes are best used for industrial or commercial applications for wastewater and potable water distribution. They have high-impact resistance and unparalleled durability.
- Cast Iron Pipes – Cast iron pipes have been used for sewerage applications for over a century. They are highly durable, heat-resistant and ideal for sound reduction. However, they are not rust-resistant and heavy to work with.
Residential vs Commercial Plumbing Services
Residential plumbing covers low-density homes only. Since no regular plumbing maintenance is required for residential areas, servicing occurs only after failures or issues, such as burst pipes, blocked toilets, or broken taps. In addition, it operates with less complicated plumbing systems because it works in single dwelling homes at a time.
On the other hand, commercial plumbing works with buildings such as strata buildings, schools, shopping centres or offices. Since these areas have larger plumbing systems and multiple floors with many interconnected pipes, mandatory maintenance or inspections are required. You shouldn’t wait for any issue before searching “Gold Coast plumbing services” online. Otherwise, the building occupants and your business will be gravely affected. Also, you need to address a list of preventive maintenance tasks to stop minor problems from turning into an emergency plumbing situation.
Hire Mathiou Services for Plumbing Maintenance or Emergency Work
After understanding the different types of plumbing pipes and the kind of service you need for your business, it’s time to book Mathiou Services. We provide reliable solutions for all commercial plumbing problems. May it be blocked drains, leaking pipes, hot water installation or even Hydraulic services, our expert plumbers are here to help. They provide reliable & efficient scheduled maintenance and prompt emergency services.
For general plumbing maintenance or emergency work, get in touch with us today. We offer free quotations or advice to help you decide which specific service you need for your business.