There are a lot of types of carpentry work out there so we thought we would cover what they are and give you examples of what we have done or are doing.
What is the role of a carpenter?
Different types of commercial carpenters have different roles but in general it is the job of a carpenter to:
- Interpret drawings and create either a part of it or all of it
- Layout or design part of or complete jobs
- Determine how to execute a job efficiently
- Provide advice on types of tools and materials
- Cut or shape timber
- Join or fix timber
- Accurately measure a project or component to scale
- Install carpentry work
- Maintenance and repair work
Carpentry can be broken down into 7 types of carpenter specialists’ roles.
- Rough carpenter: Generally do Framing, formwork, roofing and other structural work. All of which Mathiou Services have done and are doing see some of our work here
- Joister: Lays floor joists onto which a floor surface is fixed.
- Trim carpenter: Specialises in mouldings and trims, such as mantles, skirting boards), and other ornamental work.
- Cabinet maker: Make cabinets as well as other furniture such as dressers, wardrobes, and so on.
- Ship’s carpenter: Specialise in ship and boat building.
- Framer: Specialise in the framework of buildings.
- Roofer: Specialise in the rafters, beams and trusses of roof construction.
Here are more examples of the type of carpentry work we do:
To find out what questions you should ask before hiring click here
Or contact us for a free consultation and quote
Still, need help or need a tradesman? Contact us today on 1300 363 423
Maintenance & Repairs | Gardening & Landscaping | Plumber | Electrician | Building & Carpenter | Painter & Plasterer | Flooring | Pest control |